You’ve reached the starting point for applying to come for a HaYovel volunteer trip on the mountains of Israel. We’re excited to have you come join us!
This site will walk you through a straightforward process to send in an application for yourself and any family members coming with you (if applicable). Please read this page to get some helpful pointers for the next steps. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Before continuing, there are a few important points that it’s essential for you to remember regarding coming to Israel with HaYovel:
- You should be physically fit and in good health to participate in this program.
- It’s essential that you wait until after you’ve talked with our enrollment team and your application has been approved before purchasing your plane tickets.
- Volunteers age 17 and under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Applicants age 60 and older will be asked for a signed letter from their doctor giving permission to travel internationally and participate in this program.
What you need to apply
In order to save you time and hassle, we recommend that you have the following things ready before starting your application, so that you can finish all the way through once you sit down to start:
- A scanned color copy of each applicant’s passport. Please note that passports need to be valid for at least 6 months after your arrival date in Israel, regardless of trip length.
- A simple profile picture of each person coming. We won’t publish or share this anywhere, so it doesn’t have to be perfect. It’s mainly used for our airport greeters so we can recognize you when we come to pick you up after you arrive in Israel.
- Details about any medical conditions or prescriptions you are taking. Volunteering in Israel is rigorous, so for your health and safety it’s important for you to share with us ahead of time about medical details that could affect your stay.
- Name and email address for a character reference. If you haven’t been on a trip with us before, we ask that you provide the name and email for someone (preferably unrelated) who has known you well for several years, as a character reference.
- A non-refundable application fee of $200 per adult volunteer (max $500 per family), payable by credit/debit card or check. Your application fee will be deducted from your overall trip cost. This covers our upfront cost of processing your application and obtaining your Israeli visa.
If for some reason you don’t have all these items but need to send your application to get it submitted in time for a trip, go ahead and apply and we can follow up about the remaining items afterward.
Are you ready? Let’s get started!